CIVILIZATION VI - VIETNAM & KUBLAI KHAN PACK AVAILABLE NOW
We’re excited to announce the Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack is available now, as part of the New Frontier Pass or as an individual $8.99 purchase.
Today’s release of the Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack is the fifth in a planned series of premium updates for Civilization VI that we’re calling the New Frontier Pass. If you purchase the New Frontier Pass, you’ll also get the exclusive Teddy Roosevelt and Catherine De Medici Persona Packs.
Here are the full update notes:
[Kublai Khan and Vietnam Pack]
Unique Ability – Nine Dragon River Delta
- All land specialty districts can only be built on Rainforest, Marsh, or Woods. Receive the following yields for every building on these features: +1 Culture in Woods, +1 Science in Rainforest and +1 Production in Marsh. Woods can be planted with the Medieval Faires civic.
Unique Unit - Voi Chiến
- Vietnamese unique Medieval era ranged unit that replaces the Crossbowman. These units have additional movement and can move after attacking. They are also stronger when defending, more expensive, and have greater sight.
Unique District - Thành
- A district unique to Vietnam which replaces the Encampment. +2 Culture for each adjacent district. After Flight is researched, receive Tourism equal to the Culture output. This district does not require population, is cheaper to build, cannot be built adjacent to the city center, and is not considered a specialty district.
Leader: Bà Triệu
Ability – Drive Out the Aggressors
- +5 Combat Strength for units fighting in Rainforest, Marsh, and Woods tiles. +1 Movement if they begin their turn there. Both of these bonuses are doubled if the tile is your territory.
Agenda – Defender of the Homeland
- Likes Civilizations that have not declared war on her.
- Dislikes Civilizations that have declared war on her.
- Will hold a permanent grudge against any civ that declares war on her.
Leader: Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan can be selected as a leader for China or Mongolia.
Ability – Gerege
- One extra Economic Policy Slot in any government. Receive a random Eureka and Inspiration when establishing a Trading Post in another Civilization's city for the first time.
Agenda – Pax Mongolica
- Likes civilizations that have both a strong military strength and Gold per turn.
- Dislikes civilizations that are weak in Gold per turn and military strength.
Monopolies and Corporations Game Mode
The Monopolies and Corporations mode enables you to build profitable Industries around Luxury resources, found Corporations to further their development, and manufacture unique Products to secure your place in capitalist history. Monopolies on resources grant the player additional Gold and Tourism, based on the number of resources controlled and the number of foreign trading partners. By controlling 2 or more of a specific Luxury resource and having the Currency tech researched, players can establish an Industry around that resource by having their Builder construct a special improvement, which gives bonuses unique to the resource to the host city. Controlling 3 of the same resource and having the Economics tech researched allows your Great Merchants to create a powerful Corporation by constructing a special improvement on top of the Industry.
Corporations double the Industry effect in its host city, and they have the added ability to create Products based on the resource they are founded on. Products award the Industry effect in any city where the product resides. Like Great Works, Products must be slotted into certain buildings.
- Stock Exchange – 3 Product Slots
- Seaport – 3 Product Slots
Resource Industry Effects
- Citrus: +30% Production discount on military units.
- Cocoa: +20% Growth in city, +3 Housing
- Coffee: +20% Culture yield in city.
- Cotton: +30% Production discount on military units.
- Diamonds: +25% Gold yield in city
- Dyes: +25% Faith yield in city
- Furs: +30% Production discount Civilian units.
- Gypsum: +30% Production discount on Buildings
- Incense: +25% Faith yield in city
- Ivory: +30% Production discount on military units.
- Jade: +25% Gold yield in city
- Marble: +30% Production discount on Buildings
- Mercury: +15% Science yield in city
- Salt: +20% Growth in city, +3 Housing
- Silk: +20% Culture yield in city
- Silver: +25% Gold yield in city
- Spices: +20% Culture yield in city
- Sugar: +20% Growth in city, +3 Housing
- Tea: +15% Science yield in city
- Tobacco: +30% Production discount on military units.
- Truffles: +25% Gold yield in city
- Wine: +20% Culture yield in city
- Amber: +25% Faith yield in city
- Olives: +30% Production discount Civilian units.
- Honey: +20% Growth in city, +3 Housing
- Pearls: +25% Faith yield in city
- Whales: +30% Production discount on military units.
- Turtles: +15% Science yield in city
- Unlocks with Mysticism. Grants up to 3 housing based on Appeal. Culture bombs adjacent neutral tiles, and increases their Appeal by 1.
Grove (Preserve building)
- Grants +1 Food and +1 Faith to adjacent unimproved Charming tiles. Increased to +2 Food, +2 Faith, and +2 Culture for adjacent unimproved Breathtaking tiles.
Sanctuary (Preserve building)
- Grants +1 Science and +1 Gold to adjacent unimproved Charming tiles. Increased to +2 Science, +2 Gold, and +2 Production for adjacent unimproved Breathtaking tiles
Free Game Update
- Recruit Partisans spy operation can no longer be started if the Neighborhood is pillaged. In the case where there happen to be multiple Neighborhoods, the operation is disallowed if any of them are pillaged.
Byzantium and Gaul Pack
- Fixed a bug where any unit becomes able to melee attack walls at full strength after Byzantium builds at least 1 Cavalry-class unit.
- Hero Relics will appear in the next available city if a Hero’s home city is full.
- Fixed an issue where claiming any Hero would unlock the Steel-Driving Man achievement.
- Fixed an issue causing Hero antiquity sites to spawn in mountains.
- Fixed an issue where Hercules’ Rage could be used on a wonder.
- Fixed an issue where Heroes would return to ancient era strength after loading a save.
- Fixed an issue where the Hero Killed popup would not display after a Hero was killed by an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get multiple free technologies from building the Mahavihara after repeatedly becoming the suzerain of Nalanda.
- Players can no longer coastal raid their own improvements.
- Reworked how unit waves are refreshed so they refresh properly when the local player changes.
- Treasure fleets will no longer spawn in cities while a player’s units are nearby.
- Clearing a Buccaneer camp rewards Infamous Pirate points instead of treasure points.
- Edited scoring description to clarify when actions apply to land or sea units.
- Fixed an issue where removing the Bonny Brace of Pistols relic would break a unit’s move-and-attack promotion.
- Raider Zombie Hordes now suffer from zombie decay and can create additional zombie hordes through combat kits.
- Allow Supply Drops, Grieving Gifts, and Improvised Traps to be placed on floodplains.
- Various text updates.
- A popup has been implemented when an invalid combination of parameters is selected in Advanced Setup.
- Fixed an issue where the deal table UI would appear with incorrect and overlapping buttons.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent menu functionality occurring when meeting a civ and discovering a natural wonder at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where making an Alliance with an AI caused other Deal buttons to stop functioning.
- Fixed an issue where an "Are You Sure" prompt would fail to appear when selecting the "Stop Asking" diplomacy option after receiving Diplomatic Interactions from the AI during gameplay.
- Modified end game graph to appropriately be displayed based on selected resolution.
- Various text updates
- Fixed an issue where the AI would make invalid trades.
- Raised priority of aircraft for AI
- Improved use of aircraft in combat for AI
- Fixed a hang that could occur if a player paused the game while other players were submitting World Congress choices.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when building a Harbor District next to a city.
- Fixed various crashes
- Fixed an issue where text is small in various locations throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where the title could hang for an extended period of time when a user enters the next turn in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue where the “Loading, please wait…” appears small right after selecting Play Now.
- Fixed an issue where the Technology Tree or Civics Tree filter list overlaps the Pause Menu
- Fixed an issue where the “Treasure Located!” Notifications doesn’t disappear after the treasure is plundered in the Pirates scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the Pirate Relics menu displays behind the notification panel in the Pirates scenario.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Infamous Pirate Spotted notification does not pan the camera to the infamous pirate tiles in the Pirates scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the left tray would overlap the Crew Morale in the Pirates scenario.
- Fixed an issue where the number of Diplomatic Favor and Gold an opponent has is not present in the trade menu after changing relationships with that Civilization
- Fixed an issue where the Turn until Established and Loyalty icons are present on Secret Societies Governor panels on the Governors menu.
- Fixed an issue where an extra symbol appears on the Secret Societies Governor’s portrait.
- Fixed an issue where some resource icons are misaligned in the Reports menu.
- Fixed an issue where the text would overlap on the Great People menu in some localizations.
- Fixed an issue where the background of the Governors menu appears corrupt.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltips overlap in the right tray when the Show Yields in HUD Ribbons is set to Always Hide [off] in the Pirates scenario.
- Fixed an issue with text overrunning the spaces provided in various locations throughout the game.
We appreciate your continued support and feedback across our social media channels, the Civilization subreddit, Steam forums and elsewhere. Join the conversation with the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.